home about contact product love sponsor

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Baby Seahorse


Here is the only picture we have of our sweet little, at 7 weeks old. He's just a little seahorse here, but he's the sweetest seahorse that ever lived. 
I know it's not much, but seeing that baby for the first time changed my life forever. Before this, I knew he was in there, and I thought I loved him, but that love just grew and grew when I saw him. Even with a tail, he is the sweetest.


Once we found out we were pregnant, we tried our hardest not to tell anyone. I wanted to wait until I thought it was safe, until I felt he would really be ours forever. But I'm really really bad at secrets, so I managed to (accidentally!) spill the beans to my sister Shea, within 30 minutes of seeing that pink positive line. Next we told our parents, and siblings, and everyone was so excited. 
We decided to tell our closest friends on Halloween, even though we were only about 6 weeks along. (I know! But I told you, I'm really bad at secrets, and by then I felt like I'd known forever!) We sent them all this photo:


Me, our sweet little skeleton baby, and Bagel, our silly little Yorkiepoo, in our Hallween costumes.


We don't know yet if baby is a boy or a girl, but either way we will be so happy. I've thought of him as a boy all along, but I go back and forth lately. Since Ray has only brothers, his family really wants a girl, and my family seems to think he will be a girl as well. But for now, baby is just a baby, sweet and tiny and growing so fast!
At 13 weeks, he is about the size of a medium sized shrimp- 3 inches long and he weighs almost an ounce! Since last week (when he was lime-sized!), he's been moving his little fingers and toes and jumping around in my belly like a teeny little acrobat. Oh, how I wish I could feel those tiny little kicks. But I know it won't be long!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Can't wait to meet the little guy(or gal!)
    Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...