Hi there! Welcome to Currently, where we share with each other what we are Currently up to and let you share your post through the link-up below. We love this link-up, where we can make new friends and build community. Join us.
Thinking about: How busy life is! I am just not in blogging mode these days. Obviously, since I'm a day late to my own party (sorry ladies!) Life is so full, with working two jobs, the holiday weekend, and little Emmett's non-stop chatter. I haven't had it in me to sit down and document things. I think things around here are going to be a bit sporadic in the weeks to come, but who knows! Inspiration hits when it wants to. :)
Thankful for: Emmett. That boy is so special. His little personality is bounding out of him these days and Ray and I are so happy to be along for the ride. Wether he's mistaking my underwear for "tank shirts" and putting every pair over his head until he can't see anymore, walking around with a laundry basket over his head for entire afternoons, or just chatting about nonsense and airplanes literally all day every day, we are over the moon in love with him. He's a mess, and we can't get enough.
Dreaming about: Our weekend. It was pure bliss, from start to finish. It started with a girls' night in at our house Friday night with the lovely ladies from A Mama Collective and Corinna from Track 8. We had margaritas and ate kettle corn from the bag, and just caught up with each other. I think we all needed that and it was such a fun way to start the long weekend.
Saturday we had an open house at our condo, which went really well. That night we sent Emmett to his grandparents for a spend over and Ray and I went to a party to celebrate the engagement of our dear friends. We stayed up late and got to sleep in until 9 (!!). But then we rushed over to get Emmett because we missed him like crazy!
Sunday was the best day. After Emmett's nap, we headed over to Mary of A Mama Collective's house for a BBQ. Her daughter greeted us with a huge grin and said "happy swim party!" We ate amazing food, swam in the pool, and ended the night with the kiddos snuggled on blankets watching a movie outside. It was the best night and we can't wait to do it again!
We kept Emmett up until 9:30 for the first time ever. He did so great, and slept until after 9 Monday morning! I can't remember the last time I slept in that late two days in a row, much less on a Monday morning! It was amazing and he is such a good boy. We hosted a BBQ for family in the afternoon to finish off a wonderful weekend.
Wishing (goals for the week):
1. Decorate my house! I've done almost no decorating since living here. I have a million things I want to do but I've been holding off until I have money to do them. But I'm tired of waiting so I want to jump in and use what I've got.
2. Work. I have a lot of work to get caught up on. Making that a big goal.
3. Cook. I want to make something I've never made before this week.
4. Spend some quality time with Ray, sans Emmett, and not just on the couch watching TV. Maybe even a date night out!
I hope you had a lovely weekend as well! As always, I am joining with A Mama Collective to bring you this week's installment of Currently. Use our template below to join in!
Wishing: (goals for the week)
CURRENTLY LINK-UP RULES
1. Link your Currently post below! Entries unrelated to the theme will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so others can join on this adventure with us. You can grab the button below:
3. The link up starts on Mondays, but you can join any day of the week!4. *THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE* We are each here to encourage each other and build a community of women and friends. :) Comment on the blog post directly before yours to help support and get to know each other. If you do not do this, your post will be deleted from the link-up.
If you are interested in co-hosting, please email Jenna at info(at)amamacollective(dot)com to get on the list!
Here’s the template for you to copy and paste and do a post as well — link up with us below!