home about contact product love sponsor

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

30 weeks! And a life well lived.

I'm 30 weeks today. This is really happening. For me, being in the 30's is a huge milestone- it means it's almost over! One day, soon even, I won't be pregnant any more. And I'll have my very own baby to love, and kiss and hold. (Can't wait!)

I'm at home in Georgia with my family now. I had plans to visit this week, to show off this belly and to have a baby shower, but last week my sweet Grandpa took a turn for the worst, so I came home early. Grandpa has been sick for some time now, or at least slowly, very slowly getting weaker, and now he's dying. Almost every day they say he won't make it through the night, but even after 13 days without food or water (he won't take anything in), he still hangs on and fights to live. He is quite a man. I'm so happy to be here, with my whole family, surrounded by love and celebration of my Grandpa. Even in dying, he calls us all on to live better, and to love each other.

Grandpa, with all my uncles, dancing at my wedding.
He was so happy that night. It was such a gift.

Since I've been home, this baby hasn't stopped moving. He's so squirmy! He must be getting his energy from the unusual influx of sweet tea into his system. He jumps around in there day and night, literally all the time. I really love being able to teach him that this is home too, let him hear all these new voices and experience all the love in his life. He's a lucky boy. 

I'm sad my children won't get to meet their Great Grandfather. I wish he could have lived long enough to see his great-grandchildren born, but it means a lot to me to be here, with my son in my belly, to witness his last days. I know my Grandpa will watch over us from heaven, and I know my son will make him proud. I will do my best to raise my children as he raised his, to teach them to love each other and to love Jesus, which is the most important lesson my Grandpa taught all of us. And I will tell them all about my Grandpa.

I love you Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...