home about contact product love sponsor

Thursday, April 3, 2014

32 Things Making Me Happy These Days


It's so easy for me to get caught up in the things, great and small, that are making my life more difficult/stressful/frustrating/insert all other negative adjectives because y'all know I'm dramatic. These days, I'm working hard to let go of the little things that are bothering me or not going my way to make more room at the front of my mind for all of the good going on around me. Because there's a lot of good, and lot of growth, a lot of beauty. So when I saw this on IG this morning, I couldn't wait till nap time so I could jump on my computer and copy Jenna. :)

I love this prompt.

1. Emmett's goofy little toothy grin. The one he tries to suppress. The one that surprises him just a little when it breaks out so wide across his face. I'd do anything to make him smile like that.

Bad photo, great smile.
2. Date nights with my husband, which are few and far between. We've got one coming up and I can't wait to have him all to myself, outside of the house, doing something fun together.


3. Veronica Mars. I'm rewatching all of the seasons and it's so good slash bad. Can't. Stop. Watching.

4. Trader Joe's Krispy Rice Milk Chocolate bars.

5. Fresh flowers in our home.

6. Our Arizona room. We're using it as Emmett's play room and our make-shift office. The views are so good, and there's so much space for activities.


7. Instagram. I love being able to see into the lives of people from all over the world. Other mama's, friends, photographers, shops I love, and so much more. Such a cool community.

8. Starbucks green tea. My one true (non-alcoholic drink) love. Once an every day necessity, it has become a rare treat.

9. Soft colors for spring. Give me light blues, greys, pale pinks, creams and whites for the next four months at least.


10. New underwear. There's just nothing like it for a pick-me-up when I'm feeling blah.

11. That moment at the end of the day when I lay Emmett down to sleep, quietly close his door, tiptoe into the kitchen, and turn to my husband as we let out a sigh in unison. We made it through another day.

12. Good hair days.

13. Ricotta cheese, as always.

14. Good friends! I'm blessed with many, thank God.

15. Handwritten notes in the mail. Happy mail never, ever gets old.

16. Coffee from our french press, made with love by my husband each morning.

17. Speaking of mornings, the way Emmett squeals "oatmayal!" from the kitchen while he waits loudly for Ray to make his breakfast. He says it with a drawl only rivaled in the Deep South and that makes me really, really happy.

18. Nap time.

19. Gardening. I've been dying to start a garden at our house, but first I had to clear out old dead plants and bushes to make a space. In the meantime, Emmett and I went to Lowe's yesterday to buy a few small flowering plants to pot on our patio. I'm pretty sure the Garden Center at Lowe's is my little Ferdinand the Bull's favorite place on earth, and I was able to satisfy my inner green thumb for a little while.


20. My brothers and sisters. Love them so.

21. All things gold and glittery.

22. Rain. It rained last night, sort of out of nowhere. When it rains in Arizona, you smell it before you see it. I love that smell, and I love the rain.


23. Fruit Ninja. It's a not-so-guilty pleasure of mine. I rejoice in high scores and my husband allows it because it keeps me from fidgeting while we watch House of Cards on the couch at night.



24. Housework. I know I know, that's ridiculous. But it's true! More on that later. :)

25. Brand new babies. I got to meet one last night and gah! They're so tiny and squishy and sweet!

26. Butter on bread. My all-time favorite, and the main reason I will always be a little bit fat. I'm okay with it.

27. They're Real mascara from Benefit. I don't splurge on many things, but this is a non-negotiable.

28. House Hunters. I love to judge the couples on the show for saying annoying things and choosing the wrong houses. It gets out my inner mean girl so I can be nice in the rest of my life.

29. My engagement ring/wedding band combo. They hold so many memories, and mean so much love. It's so good having constant reminders of my marriage on my finger, and they're just so pretty. :)

30. Chocolate cake. Give me alllllll the chocolate cake.

31. Twinkle lights in our back yard. They remind me of summertime, but the good parts of summertime, not the miserable, unrelenting, baking heat that ruins everything. This is a happy post, so I'm thinking about the good parts of summer. Splash pads and corn in season and watermelon and pool parties.

32. Presents. :)


4 comments:

  1. Love this! Seeing these lists pop up everywhere. So fun to read. Loving #28, haha. But, pretty much the whole thing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! That might be my favorite too. ;) This one was really fun to write. It's nice to focus on the positive occasionally! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I love this post! So happy :) When Emmett smiles he looks EXACTLY like you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corinna! I love that little smile of his. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...