home about contact product love sponsor

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Emmett's First Christmas Tree!

This past weekend, we picked up our Christmas tree! This is an outing I look forward to all year, although buying a Christmas tree in Arizona is a VERY different experience than what I'm used to in Georgia. Back home my family goes to this beautiful tree farm in the middle of nowhere, where they drink hot apple cider, take hay rides, and choose the perfect tree to be plucked out of the ground and tied to the top of their car. Doesn't that sound dreamy? In Arizona, we go to Costco... Where we pick up a hotdog or a slice of pizza, drink a Coca Cola, and choose the perfect tree from the back of a semi parked on the side of the building. Then we struggle for an hour to tie the chosen one to the top of our car (in 80 degree heat!). It's different for sure, but it's still fun and I've learned to love it just the same.

Of course this year is even more special, since this is Emmett's first tree! Everything about the holidays is better this year. It's so much fun to carry out our family traditions now that we have a little family of our own.

There are so many things I love about Christmas trees- the smell of pine filling my home, the soft twinkle lights sparkling in the other room as we prepare dinner or bathe the baby, but the thing I love most is decorating the tree. I'm just a tiiiiiiiny bit obsessed with Christmas ornaments, so unpacking all of my favorites is like.. well, it's like Christmas!!

I'm making an effort to take tons of pictures of all of our "firsts" with Emmett, for posterity's sake, as well as for your viewing pleasure. :)





Yes, that's a Jiffy Lube in the background...


Baby Emmett was mesmerized watching Daddy put up lights.



Emmett "helping".


Here are a few of my favorite ornaments!


My sweet friend Bridget made this for Ray and I- she cut up our wedding invitation and twirled the
pieces inside an ornament. Such a sweet gift!


Aren't these guys so cute? My grandmother gave them to us when we were engaged. :)

A souvenir from our honeymoon.

And a souvenir from when I lived in London. 
Merry Christmas everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...