home about contact product love sponsor

Monday, February 24, 2014

Currently. Eight



Thinking about: Over the weekend I had a conversation that has been weighing heavy on my heart for a few days now. Whether it was intended to be or not, the conversation felt like a direct attack on my life - my choices, my lifestyle, and the way I intend to raise my children was questioned and attacked and it made me so angry! Not so much at the person I was speaking to because I don't think she meant to insult me, but I was angry and I haven't been able to let it go. More than anger, I feel determined. I think it's good sometimes for people to question our beliefs and our choices because it can strengthen our resolve and make us cling to our beliefs even more than before. I know my choices are right for me. I know that my husband and I are working hard and doing our best to build the kind of life we want for our kids, and I am confident in that knowledge.


Watching: Emmett grow up right before my eyes. He's a little boy now, talking and playing in the dirt and understanding more and more about the world each day. I look at him each morning and can't believe how much he's changing. I hardly see my tiny baby boy in him at all anymore. I absolutely love the little boy he's becoming and even though my heart aches for him to stay little, I'm so proud of him. He makes us so happy, that sweet little boy. I long for more children, but when I look at little Emmett, covered in dirt and little boy sweat and squealing with delight whenever I walk into a room, he is enough.

Looking forward to: Moving! Sometime next month we will be moving into the sweetest little house down the street. We haven't sold our house yet, so pray that happens quickly! Money will be tight while we rent this new place and carry the mortgage, but we are so excited to have a space all to ourselves again and I can't wait to start decorating. :)

Our Weekend: Was a busy one! A dear friend got married on Saturday, so our evenings were filled with bachelorette parties, a surprise party for a friend who was in from out of town, and the wedding Saturday. We caught up with friends we don't see often enough, and Ray and I got to spend some quality time together, just the two of us. It was one of those weekends that build you up and drain you all at the same time, but it was wonderful.



I hope you had a lovely weekend! Linking up with Jenny & of course, the lovely ladies at A Mama Collective!

The hosts of Currently.:


A Mama Collective’s Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | bloglovin
Home Away from Home’s Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | bloglovin’
Linen and Lace’s Blog | Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | bloglovin’
If you are interested in co-hosting, please email Jenna at info(at)amamacollective(dot)com to get on the list!

Grab our button below:
A Mama Collective


Here’s the template for you to copy and paste and do a post as well — link up with us below!
Thinking about:
Reading:
Listening to:
Watching:
Thankful for:

4 comments:

  1. I love your outlook on Emmett growing up. I love that you take the time to know HIM as a baby, as a boy, as your son. You study and remember the details, and that is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenna! Part of that is finally having the time to spend with him, and having missed that for so long. Also I just love him so much I can't stand it, so I don't want to miss a single thing he does. :)

      Delete
  2. You are SO RIGHT! Anna Kate - never fear flexing your resolve MAMA.
    There are a zillion "right ways" to raise our children. I believe Godliness is part of that. If you don't I hope that didn't offend. But my point is - no ONE right way fits all. PERIOD.
    Tell people to mind their own beeswax. Hmmph.

    He's beautiful. You have a loving tone in your blog and I enjoy it.

    And now I am irritated on your behalf. HA!
    Blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily, you dear, dear woman. It's good to be challenged, but man does it rile me up! I totally agree, there's no right way- it's all about what each of us feels is the best thing for our family. We all have goals we are working to achieve, and that's what's important.
      Thank you for your encouraging words, friend! I really appreciate them. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...