home about contact product love sponsor

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Quick, Easy and Delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I've been making these cookies since high school. They are the first thing I learned to bake, and in the fall my friends and I would make them after school for a quick and easy snack. We would eat the dough from our spoons and bake a few batches, then bring them outside to our friends playing basketball next door. Oh, how simple life was back then!

Each fall, when the weather begins to cool, I start craving these cookies. They are so easy to make, I can whip them up and have them warm out of the oven in half an hour. So whenever I'm craving something sweet, this recipe is the first thing I think of!


The original recipe came from the inside of the Quaker Oats box top. I memorized it years ago, and I've made a couple of minor adjustments, but the Quaker Oats recipe will always bring back years of happy memories for me.



Ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups oats (always use the old-fashioned oats! quick oats are chopped up really small, so you don't get the same oaty texture from them)
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (or 1 cup raisins, if you must)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Using a mixer, beat butter and sugars together in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix. Slowly fold in combined flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt, and beat until smooth. Add oats, then chocolate chips, and mix well.

Line baking sheets with wax paper (aluminum foil heats and bakes the cookies from the bottom up, which I hate!), and drop spoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto the paper. Bake 8-10 minutes. Cookies will just barely begin to brown around the edges.

And that's it! Easy as pie. Or really delicious cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...