home about contact product love sponsor

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Confession:

I have a confession to make ya'll:

I'm addicted to my iPhone.

This isn't new information. Everyone who knows me and spends any real time with me knows that I love my phone, and I'm a preeeetty big fan of social media.. It's probably fair to say I tend towards over-sharing.. I'm not able to spend a lot of time on my phone during the week while I'm at work, so I tend to be attached to my phone in the evenings and weekends.

I'm a big "like"-er on Facebook and Instagram (follow me here!)- if I like it, I "like" it. And I love posting little videos of Emmett on Vine (a really fun video app! find me-my username is anniekarate).

Here's the thing: I've started to notice that my beloved iPhone is affecting my relationships. I've found myself catching up on Instagram at the end of a long day while I give Emmett his dinner, totally missing out on funny noises and facial expressions. Today I tuned out my sister telling me about her day while I perused Twitter. I've started to notice that when my phone is in my hand, I have a hard time being present to the people in my life. Isn't that terrible? I don't want to be that girl, that sister, that wife, or that mother! I spend my days missing my sweet baby boy, so why in the world would I waste a single minute staring at a screen when I could be playing with him!?

So, I've decided it's time to break the habit. Starting this weekend, I've decided to follow Taza's lead and turn off my phone on Sundays. It feels a little bit crazy, a little bit exciting, and a little bit scary, but mostly I'm really looking forward to a whole day with my family with no interruptions! I'm hoping my little experiment will help to wean me, and who knows, after a couple of Sundays I might not even miss my phone at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...