home about contact product love sponsor

Monday, January 20, 2014

Currently.

My boy, as he is most of the time these days. Wubbanub in his mouth, playing outside on his roller coaster.


Regretting: Some of the things I said in this post. I'm sad that some of my first thoughts when Ray told me it was finally time, I can finally quit my job! were selfish thoughts. I was worried about how I was going to handle being home all day. About getting bored and about how I was going to get work done and just nonsense. I'm sad that my thoughts immediately went to myself. I've been given this gift- this wonderful, beautiful gift- of more time at home with my sweet baby. I thought I would never get to do this, but God knows the desires of my heart and He made this happen, for me. Now that the anxiety and worry and excitement have worn off, now that I've had time to really reflect on what this change means for my family, I am so grateful. But why wasn't that my first thought?

Motherhood has caused me to see myself more clearly- to see my selfishness plain as day. I'm so thankful for that. I want to see my faults so that I can make myself better.

Looking Forward To: This weekend! My best friend from Georgia is coming into town with his girlfriend on Wednesday and I can't wait to see them! Thursday is my birthday (I'm turning 30.. That's a whole post in itself. Look for that soon.) so we are heading out of town to celebrate, sans baby. We're driving up north to Flagstaff on Friday, then taking our friends to see the Grand Canyon on Saturday. It's going to be freeeeezing! It's in the 70's and sunny here these days, so I'm looking forward to a weekend of real, actual winter.

Reading: The very first Inspector Rebus novel- Knots and Crosses. I've read all of the books in the series that are available on Kindle, and I'm so hooked! I have just one book left, the very last one, and I can't bring myself to read it because then it will all be over.

A couple of the early books in the series aren't available on Kindle, including the very first one- Knots and Crosses. My mom recently started reading the series and bought the paperback, so she sent it to me when she finished it. Thanks mom! I read it furiously yesterday while Ray and Emmett watched football. It filled in so many gaps and told me so much about Rebus's past. Anyway, I know this is getting boring for you. I'll move on.

Watching: We're caught up on Justified. Waiting a week for a new episode of a show is for the birds! I'm so used to binge-watching shows on our Roku that regular TV seems like such a hassle to me now. Patience. Working on learning what that word means...

So last night we started a new show that I've been dying to watch. Y'all know I love a good detective story, so when I saw the trailer for HBO's new show True Detective, I was hooked. Matthew McConaughey is on a roll right now, big time, and he's at his best in this show. He plays a philosophical, insomniac detective, haunted by his past and the death of his 2 year old daughter. It's serious in the best way, and Woody Harrelson (love me some Woody) adds just the right amount of comic relief.

Warning: This show is graphic, very adult in nature and not for the faint-of-heart. But if you're into creepy, haunting detective stories and don't mind a little smut, I'd definitely recommend it.



^^On Friday I took Emmett to the zoo. Mary had an extra culture pass from the Library (free passes to the zoo! Isn't that awesome?), so we picked it up and spent the morning running around looking at animals. Emmett especially loved the lion, the monkeys, and that fake zebra in the second photo. Silly boy.


^^He's really into climbing under tables and chairs lately. It means a few extra bumps on the head, but he's really proud of himself and thinks it's a really fun game. :)


^^ The other night I let him bring his little duck friends into the bath with him. He didn't realize they were bath balls that fizz away in the water, so he was really confused and then sad when his buddies disappeared. I should have known he'd be traumatized, but it was so funny (and sad)!

I hope you had a lovely weekend! Linking up with Jenny & of course, the lovely ladies at A Mama Collective!

 
The hosts of Currently.:
 
Currently. hosts
 
A Mama Collective's Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Home Away from Home's Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
 
If you are interested in co-hosting, please email Jenna at info(at)amamacollective(dot)com to get on the list!
Grab our button below:
 
A Mama Collective


 
Here’s the template for you to copy and paste and do a post as well — link up with us below!
 
Thinking about:
Reading:
Listening to:
Watching:
Thankful for:

6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! I am doing a giveaway today and would love if you would stop by and check it out! http://www.thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennie! Thanks for stopping by! I did check out your giveaway and entered! Hope I win! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Anna Kate. Yes parenthood reveals it all--the good, the bad and the downright, selfish ugly in each one of us. For example, I cannot stand anyone to lay on my pillow. My older kids say, "Really momma?! There's 7 of us and you honestly think no one is going to touch your pillow?" How's that for some revelation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! We all have our quirks. And a pillow is a sacred thing! :)
      Kids really don't let you get away with anything though, do they?! Mine is only 18 months old and I'm convinced he knows when I'm eating too much chocolate or thinking selfish thoughts. They see right through us!

      Delete
  3. Oh AK I love it. I'm so jelly of your fun weekend you have planned! It's going to be a blast :) And the pictures you'll get ... I can't wait to see! :D

    You're an amazing mom.... and the time you'll get to spend with Emmett will be so amazing. Plus, you can hang out with me more, which is obviously your motive, so let's get real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Totally my motive! You're right, it's gonna be awesome!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...