home about contact product love sponsor

Friday, January 3, 2014

Grow. My Word for 2014


I've chosen the word "grow" for 2014, because growth is on my heart. (I spoke a little bit about the growth I hope to see in our life in this next year in this post.) I want to grow into the woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend that I was made to be. I want to grow in selflessness and love. I want to challenge myself and learn and grow. 

I also want to grow our little family. That's a little bit scary for me to admit because, well, I'm scared. After our miscarriage in September, I don't have the confidence in my body and in my own plans for our future that I once did. I know now that I have no control over what's going to happen, but I trust that God has a plan. I know He put the desire for more children on my heart for a reason, and I know He loves me. So I am going to trust and wait and prepare my heart for whatever may come this year.


Our year started off on a really great note. I recently started a second job, writing from home. It's been a dream so far and I feel so blessed. Our little Emmett is healthy and beautiful and smart, and he's growing up so fast. The sort of growth that I wish I could slow down, just a little bit. ;) Ray and I are happy and in love and at peace. I love that man. He's a gentle, loving husband and father and we're so lucky to have him. 


It's going to be a great year. We will struggle, and there will be hard times, but I'm not afraid of them. We're strong and we've been through a lot already. When we struggle, we grow. So, bring it on, 2014. We're ready for you. 


I read this prayer at the funeral of a friend's father this morning and it struck me deep in my heart. I want this prayer to be my mantra this year:


Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi


Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace. Where there is hatred, let me sow love. Where there is injury, pardon. Where there is doubt, faith. Where there is despair, hope. Where there is darkness, light. Where there is sadness, joy. 


O Divine Master; grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.


8 comments:

  1. I love this post! I found your blog on the making 2014 count link-up and am so glad I did! My word for this year is also 'grow'. I also struggle to trust in God's plan sometimes (more like, all the time), and I hope that I can grow in my faith this year. Thanks for sharing that prayer from St. Francis! I look forward to reading more of your blog!
    Kaitlyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to "meet" you Kaitlyn! Heading to your blog now to read your post! Can't wait. :)

      Delete
  2. Love this post. Hoping for a beautiful 2014 for you, sweet girl.
    XO
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poem is beautiful! Praying bravery and trust in the Lord for you as you work towards growing your family...happy 2014, friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet friend! Praying for a wonderful 2014 for you too! :)

      Delete
  4. Hope your 2014 is full of growth in every area of your life - what a great word, so full of meaning and depth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! So far, so good on growth this year. We are being stretched in wonderful ways!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...