home about contact product love sponsor

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Easy & Delicious Crock-pot BBQ Chicken Sandwich

Easy & Delicious BBQ Chicken Sandwich: rayandak.blogspot.com

Since I quit my job a couple of months ago, I've been cooking more. I almost never had time to cook when I worked full time, so I'm trying to ease myself in to domestication with simple, inexpensive meals that don't take a lot of hands-on time. Emmett has been teething big time this week, and we're still only half-moved into our house, so I was in need of an easy recipe I could make between bouts of "mamamama"and unpacking/decorating/cleaning/working. As always, leftovers were a must.

The original recipe for BBQ pulled pork comes from Paula Deen (who shares my more-butter-is-always-better food philosophy. Ray found it months ago and tweaked it to work for BBQ chicken. We've made it for friends who just had babies, BBQ's in our back yard, and for meals to last all week for the three of us. This week we had BBQ sandwiches for dinner one night and made double-decker chicken tacos with the leftovers!

Easy & Delicious BBQ Chicken Sandwich: rayandak.blogspot.com


Ingredients:

2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp ground pepper
2 tbsp dark brown sugar
2 tbsp paprika
1/2 tbsp cayenne
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 cups apple juice
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire

Directions:

Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl to form a rub. Sprinkle dry rub all over the chicken breasts, pressing in to the chicken. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Add the wet ingredients and chicken breasts to your crock-pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until the chicken is tender and easy to shred.

Remove the chicken from the crock-pot and let it rest until it cools enough to touch. Use forks to shred the chicken.

For BBQ sandwiches, top with your favorite BBQ sauce and serve on hamburger buns.
For tacos, serve with beans, cheese, avocados, sour cream, and any other favorite taco toppings!

Easy & Delicious BBQ Chicken Sandwich: rayandak.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and I'm always a fan of crock pot recipes and this one looks mighty tasty! Check out my fashion blog at www.saltstyleblog.com

    xo,
    Jess

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...