home about contact product love sponsor

Monday, June 16, 2014

Currently.


Hi there! Welcome to Currently, where we share with each other what we are Currently up to and let you share your post through the link-up below. We love this link-up, where we can make new friends and build community. Join us.

Watching: I binge-watched my way through Suits, so I'm on the look-out for new shows to watch during nap times while I work. I'm catching up on Pretty Little Liars but it's shameful so I'd love suggestions! Ray and I watched the Game of Thrones finale last night and all I can say is YES! Team Tyrion all the way. And Jaime- way to redeem yourself you creepy weirdo! 
Also, we started Hannibal. It's so creepy, I wouldn't even recommend it to you unless you like crime dramas and detective stories like I do. Beware, there's so much blood and guts and insane serial killers. Not for the faint of heart, friends.

Listening to: Sylvan Esso. Allllll day long.


Thinking about: Faith. And having it, and needing it. We accepted an offer on our house this week. It's a great offer, and if all goes well it will close next month. The offer came at the height of my stress about money and worry about how we're going to get through this. I had a bit of an anxiety attack while we were going back and forth about whether or not to take the offer. But I should have seen it right away. Here I was full of worry and anxiety, letting the stress affect every part of my life, but I should have let go and let God take care of us. When the offer came, I should have known right away that this was our way out, that this was all part of His plan. I know it now, and I'm working hard to relax into faith in that plan. I believe in my heart that this deal will go through, and by the time summer is over, we will be down to one house. Woohooooooooo!


So thankful for: My baby boy, who's not a baby any more. He's talking so much, repeating everything. We call him a parrot and he repeats that too. He's giggly and happy and so much fun. We bought him a little potty over the weekend and he used it successfully on his first try, then stood right up and dumped it out on the carpet. He's wild and messy but I'm so proud of him! I get worn down from being in the house day in and day out with no one but Emmett for company, but when I get right down to it, I'm so grateful for all the time we spend together. I love that boy so much, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Also, for friends who trusted me enough to ask me to take their engagement photos. We spend Friday afternoon and evening together in downtown Phoenix, and after a while Ray came and met us for drinks and dinner. It was so nice to get out, explore a little, and spend time with Ray and our friends. And it was really great to push myself outside my comfort zone and take photographs of someone who's not.. well, Emmett. It was scary and fun and stressful, and I think I love the result! Once I'm done editing maybe I'll share them here. :)

Also, pizza:


Wishing: 
1. Still dieting, so I'm hoping to keep up with that this week. I'd like to lose a little weight and get in shape for our beach trip in a few weeks.
2. Work out! At least 3 times this week.
3. Take Emmett somewhere new one morning. We need to get out of the house and find new places to hang out!

I hope you had a lovely weekend!

CURRENTLY LINK-UP RULES

1. Link your Currently post below! Entries unrelated to the theme will be deleted.

2. Link back to this site so others can join on this adventure with us. You can grab the button below:

A Mama Collective

3. The link up starts on Mondays, but you can join any day of the week!

4. *THE MOST IMPORTANT RULE* We are each here to encourage each other and build a community of women and friends. Comment on the blog post directly before yours to help support and get to know each other. If you do not do this, your post will be deleted from the link-up.

Image Map

If you are interested in co-hosting, please email Jenna at info(at)amamacollective(dot)com to get on the list!

Here’s the template for you to copy and paste and do a post as well — link up with us below!

Thinking about:
Reading:
Listening to:
Watching:
Thankful for:
Wishing: (goals for the week)

The Nectar Collective


4 comments:

  1. your kiddo sounds just like my kiddo. repeating EVERYTHING. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for an offer on your house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    the pizza looks amazing!!

    Dieting sucks. I am trying to kick it back in gear and it is HARD!!

    Stopping by from the link up. I am Becky with Choose Happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the link up and your newest follower :) Love your little corner of the internet! Congrats on the new house, I will be thinking about you guys and hoping you close next month!! I am also thankful for pizza but my goodness it's a love hate relationship isn't it!?

    Tawnya @ www.littlebabyscarlett.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to hear you guys got an offer on the house! I hope it goes through quickly...I know how stressful life on a budget can be ;-) Did you find any new fun (free) places to go? Would love to hear of any!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...